Vista provides a holistic STEAM-based education that promotes inquiry and critical thinking through hands-on, and authentic learning experiences. STEAM is an educational acronym that stands for Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Mathematics.
- Science: Vista offers an innovative, experiential Science program called Amplify, which was developed at UC Berkeley. Students learn to "think like a scientist" through hands-on, real-life, scientific scenarios, and expeditions.
- Technology: Technology plays a prominent role at Vista, enriching many aspects of the Vista experience. Every student is provided their own Chromebook for use in their classes. Additionally, Vista offers technology-based programs, including Cyber Patriot, Virtual Reality, Digital Imaging, and much more.
- Engineering: Vista provides an exciting STEAM-based program, Project Lead the Way (PLTW), where students are empowered to develop important real-world engineering skills through building, creating, and prototyping their own projects and ideas.
- Arts: The arts are an important part of Vista's curriculum, giving students the freedom to unleash their imagination and creativity, and to express themselves through various artistic forms. Vista offers Music to all students, including guitar, piano, and choir. Vista also offers Art & Design where students learn fine arts, including drawing, painting, and sculpting.
- Mathematics: Vista students learn to solve problems as well as to think and reason analytically in their math classes. Vista’s Math program, Agile Mind, is a Common Core aligned curriculum, where students use and apply mathematical concepts and models to solve real-world problems.